Once again, another year has come to pass and another year is slowly starting to unravel. As 2017 begin, I’d like to to share with you some of my personal goals this new year.
This list has travel, relationship, career and whatnot goals. It’s really a little bit of everything, which I am, as a person. Ha!
- Watch Coldplay in Taipei. My tickets are booked and I cannot wait to see one of my favourite bands, Coldplay (obvs), on the Asian leg of their A Head Full of Dreams Tour this April.
- Spend the summer in Cebu with my boyfriend. My boyfriend is a huge fan of beaches, and Cebu is most definitely one of the cities that’s on top of his bucket list. We plan on travelling to Cebu on his summer break, yay!
- Finally be able to visit Québec. God willing that my Canadian Visa will finally be approved, I’m going to visit my boyfriend and his family in this very wonderful Canadian province.
- Kick-start my fashion online store, Paraluman’s. Great news, I’ll be opening my very own online store this January! Yay! I’ve been dreaming of opening one and it still feels so surreal to be able to do this. If you guys are interested, you can click HERE to be redirected to my shop’s Facebook page. Ah! God’s got this!
- Go spend a weekend in Vigan with my best friend. Since I haven’t really seen my childhood best friend, Ysh, in a long while, travelling will be a really fun way to bond and catch up. Can’t wait for this!
- Spend Chinese New Year 2017 in Manila China Town. Some of my travel friends from Ho Chi Minh City are coming to visit me in Manila for Chinese New Year so what better way to spend the holidays than go watch some fireworks and some dragon dance at the oldest China Town in the world?
- Buy my very own camera. I’ve been wanting to invest on my very own camera so I need not borrow from my cousins. God will provide, I believe.
- Go back to New York. It’s time to make my dreams come true this 2017. New York, here I come!
- Visit the West Coast. I haven’t been to the West Coast, and I think it’s time to see what those California Girls have been talking about.
- Have my first novel, Heart Meets World, published. As a writer, I really think that it’s my ultimate dream to have my very own book published. I believe that this year is going to be the year that I’ll get my first book published. For now, I have some proofreading to do. Ah!
- Watch Anastasia on Broadway. This is seriously one of my favourite musicals, and having it shown on Broadway is just a dream come true! I just simply must see it live!
- Collaborate with another travel blogger on a really special project. I don’t know what or who this is yet but I’m believing that it’s coming. God willing, of course!
- Grow deeper in my relationship with Christ. This is personally the one item on this list that really needs to be done. Because when all else fails, Christ is the one who’s always gonna be there for us no matter what. I aspire to be a testimony to people struggling to find the silver lining in this life. I aspire to inspire people to be closer to God.
- Go back to Nashville and go inside a pub to listen to country music. The last time I went to Nashville, I was a tiny 20 year old and I’m a minor so I can’t legally get into pubs. Now that I’m turning 21 in a few days, it’s time to go back to this wonderful music city and drown my ears in good country music. I got my boots ready, yee-haw!
- Film a Breakfast at Tiffany’s inspired short film in Manhattan. I was too shy to film the same video last year so I shall conquer my fears this year so I could fulfill this lifelong dream of mine. I’ll have to make Audrey Hepburn proud.
- Watch a League of Legends Tournament that my boyfriend is playing on. My boyfriend actually ranked #1 in North America for League of Legends and I’m extremely proud of him, so it’s one of my goals to see him play live. I can’t wait to cheer him on. Such a champ!
- Be more independent. Need I say more?
So there. I know all these aren’t going to happen overnight. But someone told me to let time work itself out, so that’s what I’m going to do. Of course, I won’t forget to pray and trust God.
What are your goals this year? I hope we all achieve them one step at a time.
“And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.”
1 Peter 5:10 NIV