As 2016 comes to a close, let me take some time off work and post another blog post. Many people say that 2016 has been the worst year ever. I beg to disagree. A lot of amazing things has happened to me this year and I’d like to look back on some of the best things that did happen through this blog post.
NOTE: This list is in no particular order.
1. I spent the entire summer in New York.
I spent the whole summer this year in my most favourite city, New York. I hope I get to live here soon. I just really love the vibe of it and the energy.
2. I graduated from university.
I got my degree last April, yay! I couldn’t be any happier! Now I’m thinking whether I should pursue my MFA in London or in Vancouver, ah!
3. I got to see Demi Lovato and Nick Jonas live in Connecticut.
I am a huge fan of Disney, and I grew up watching Camp Rock. The 11 year old me was screaming with joy when I’ve finally gotten the chance to see these two live. Ah!
4. I did a road trip down the East Coast.
It was possibly one of the most memorable road trips I’ve had in my life. Can’t wait to do a cross country road trip next summer. Yes from New York to Oregon. Just yes!
5. I set foot in Europe for the first time ever.
This photo for taken somewhere above Switzerland. I mean, look at the greenness of that landscape! Such breathtaking view! I can’t wait to go back to Europe.
6. This year marks the most countries I’ve visited in a year–that’s 5 countries this year.
I bonded with my passport more this year. I can’t wait to bond with it more in the next coming years!
Australia + New Zealand, here I come!
7. I got my first pay cheque!
I actually had my first job + first pay cheque this year. Yay! Trying my best not to suck at this thing called ‘adulting’, and I think I’m getting a hold of it pretty well. Hahaha! Oh well, who am I kidding? I’m barely breathing, loljk.
8. After a year, I have finally been reunited with the love of my life!
After that summer in Thailand in 2015, we’ve finally been reunited last July in America. Just super happy, yay! So in love with this man.
9. I realised I didn’t want to go to Law School and that I just wanted to pursue a career in Literature and Theatre.
I’m from a family of lawyers. Growing up, I’ve had a mindset that I need to be a lawyer. Heck, my Law School Entrance Exam is in two months (lol, i probably won’t take it seriously). I realised this year that literature and musical theatre has bigger space in my heart than law. I’m not pursuing Law School.
10. I travelled to a different continent by my lone self.
I usually travel with my family. It’s a huge milestone for me to travel out of Asia alone.
11. I visited the land where my favourite book/film was written/filmed.
Gone With the Wind is my favourite book/film. So visiting Atlanta, where Margaret Mitchell got the inspiration to write this great piece of literature, it’s a dream come true for me. I felt every inch like Scarlett O’Hara!
12. I hiked my first mountain.
It wasn’t a pretty hike, but I made it. All thanks to my boyfriend for accompanying me and for pushing me through the hike, hahaha!
13. I hopped on a spontaneous flight to Singapore.
I was headed to Taipei that day. I had no idea how I got to Singapore. I had a great time nonetheless, hahaha!
14. I got to spend my first 4th of July in good ‘ol ‘Murica.
Hopefully, it’s the start of many more 4th of July’s in America. Yay!
15. I learned more about myself this year.
A lot of break downs had happened this year. I can still feel a bit of emotional break down that’s coming before the year ends, hahaha! Though this year made me realise that I know myself more. It’s a good thing…I hope.
16. I got closer to God this year.
This is probably one of the best–or the best–thing that has happened to me this year. I can’t wait to see what God has in store for me in 2017. This year has been great. I got to explore The Bible more and I heard God more. It was amazing!
So 2016 has been challenging, I get it. But let’s not forget the goodness that this year ha brought us. Cheers to the coming year and I hope everyone gets to have a very happy New Year, yay!
“But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”
Isaiah 40:31 NIV