Disclaimer: This is a personal bucket list and I’ve made this list on a completely personal basis and some of the items on this list may seem cliché so just bear with me.
- Watch a play on Broadway. (Should either be The Lion King or Aladdin.)
- Go on top of the Empire State Building and sing Empire State of Mind. (Make sure to bring somebody because people might think you’re crazy.)
- Visit the Condé Nast office and see where the Vogue magic happens! (If you’re lucky maybe you’d even see Anna and Grace!)
- Eat a legit bagel like a true New Yorker.
- Sit on the steps of The MET and pretend you’re Blair Waldorf. (Bring out the preppy kid in you…or at least try. Ha!)
- Go on a hunt of the most hipster coffee shop in Brooklyn.
- Go to Carrie Bradshaw’s apartment in Manhattan. (Wear your nicest and cutest outfit. SJP inspired, of course!)
- Drink hot chocolate in Serendipity, like in the movie.
- Go to The Plaza. (Your eight year old self will thank you for this. Maybe you’d even see a glimpse of your childhood crush, Macaulay Culkin. Who knows?)
- Last but, most definitely, not the least, have your very own Breakfast at Tiffany’s. (Wear your very best LBD and grab a pretzel to go with a cup of coffee and you’re all set. Audrey Hepburn would be proud. Yay!)
Yes, I’m still waiting for my US Visa and I’m really praying for it because I’ve been dreaming about this trip ever since I could remember! But in the end it all comes down to what God’s will is for my life so I’ll trust Him in whatever the decision may be.
NOTE: Photo my my Auntie’s iPhone.
“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”
Romans 8:28 NIV